Patients and visitors

What are the results of this type of treatment for patients?

It is difficult to speak in general terms. Every diagnosis is different and every patient comes in a different condition. However, in 2012 an analysis was made for transplants performed in 1986–2010 and the results are as follows:

Acute myeloid leukemia: The five-year survival rate is approximately 50 percent; about 40 percent of patients survive more than ten years.

Chronic myeloid leukemia: The long-term survival is around 70 percent. Patients transplanted after the year 2000 have an 85–90 percent probability of ten-year survival, while the survival of patients transplanted earlier is around 60 percent.

Myelodysplastic syndrome: Patients transplanted at a less advanced stage of disease have approximately 70 percent probability of ten-year survival, while patients transplanted at an advanced stage have around 30 percent probability.

Acute lymphoblastic leukemia: Transplanted patients have a 50 percent probability of long-term survival.

Quick contact

Outpatient Department
+420 221 977 315

Inpatient Department
+420 221 977 226

Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
+420 221 977 294

Transplant Unit
+420 221 977 229

Opening hours

Outpatient Department
Mo – Fr: 07:00–18:00
Weekends: 09:00–13:00

Inpatient Department
Mo – Fr: 13:00–18:00

ICU and Transplant Unit
Mo – Fr: 13:00–18:00

How to find us


Ústav hematologie a krevní transfuze
(​Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion)

Building B

U Nemocnice 2094/1
128 00 Praha 2

The nearest underground station: Karlovo náměstí (line B)

The nearest tram station: Karlovo náměstí (10, 16, 22), Moráň (3, 6, 10, 16, 18, 24)

The nearest bus station: U Nemocnice (148), Karlovo náměstí (176)

How to get here